I haven't really covered all we have worked on during our 20 month mission. Time being one constraint, also knowledge about blogs, etc. However the work has been exciting and varying in nature. One day accompanying our National Director (and his wife) of Public Affairs in Denmark spoken of in an earlier blog, seminars and training sessions in various parts of the UK and Ireland and sometimes office work and mailings. The group picture here is a recent seminar in Frankfurt with 21 different countries represented out of 40+. Wonderful people all "salt of the earth".
Now that our time is drawing to a close I realize how fast time flies and thought I would put one of the stories my husband and I covered and which he had published in our online Church News.
This was a very exciting day! We only had 1 hour before we knew where we'd be headed. We were packed for four days...to go either to Ireland for training, or to London for an exhibit and ended up heading out for Edinburgh instead for this historic visit of Elder Bednar to visit 3 MSPs (Ministers of Scottish Parliament) to discuss families and the impact of society and what we could do as a Church to help strengthen families.
(The other trips are on hold till another day.) In fact we are headed to Ireland later this month to Limerick which is south and an area we haven't seen yet. We have seen Dublin, Belfast and northern Ireland on an earlier training session. FUN!
So this is John's third published story...even though it's just online. It is still fulfilling and I thought we would share. Well, in trying to download the article there was an error. So if you'd like check it out at: deseretnews.com, then on the toolbar hit LDSNews/Church News. There should then be an oval in the upper right area to type Bednar Parliament and it should pop up??? Cool!!! Sounds hard, huh? I may just try and send it through a regular email attachment.
1 comment:
http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/57985/Parliament-Church-leaders-visit-officials.html
How cool! I pasted the link above. I think it is great that John has been able to contribute articles to the Deseret News. Just read the article. I didn't even know that Elder Bednar had gone there. Love you guys!
Love, Jeff Card
Post a Comment